Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, July 23, 2011

And Once Again, the World is Safe...

...and the ending is bittersweet for the Hero. No details for those of you who don't know your Marvel Comicverse, but let's just say the guy has issues. And TV Tropes has Ruined my Life, as I noticed the Actor Allusions, the aforementioned Bittersweet Ending, and about half the other tropes on the page for the movie.

And hoo boy, the Estrogen Brigade Bait! Not as pronounced (for me, YMMV) in this movie as in, say, Thor, but there will be tons of it once the Avengers movie comes out in May of 2012. Thor, Cap, and Iron Man; played (respectively) by Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and Robert Downey Junior? All in the same movie? I know what movie hubby is taking me to next Mothers' Day!

And I don't care when it comes out - I'm taking my dad to see this movie in 2012. The books on which it's based are the first "grown-up science fiction" I can remember reading, at about nine or ten (although aside from the setting, it's really more fantasy-adventure by genre). Dad could not wait for me to read those, and I still get a chill every time I read (or hear, in the case of the audio books) the phrase, "my father's name is Tars Tarkas". Dad, are we on for the movies?

4 comments:

  1. I saw the preview for John Carter when we went to see Harry Potter, and I literally started jumping up and down in my seat and tapping Ashe on the shoulder going "We HAVE to come see this movie! We HAVE to!" Holy crap, I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quik! I've been wondering who you were for AGES. Now that you've mentioned Ashe, I finally know!

    So, is it Quik Lives (like is alive) or Quik Lives (like plural of life)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol sorry about that, it changed the display name here when I did something else. Originally, the intent was quik (that's me) still lives, or rises again...long story there. But I enjoy the resonance with the story arc of sandman called "brief lives" as in plural of life, so either way is correct, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! i think i may have a melt down when avengers comes out.. i've always had a fan girl crush on RDJr. that bad boy thing ya know? but he's gorgeous! love love love his eyes.. and now, i can't get enough of Chris Hemsworth! Blondes really usually aren't my type..well some cases yeah..but as a whole, no. *drool*

    ReplyDelete