Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back to School Already?!

Today when Abby's dad brought her to my house after their every-other-weekend, they came equipped with a ton of school supplies.

I don't know why I'm surprised by this; he's taken her school-supply shopping for the past two years. Perhaps it's that it's only mid-July. But school starts earlier than usual this year - last week of August rather than first week of September - and when Abby told her dad that school started in August, they hit Target. And as Target already has their back-to-school section up, I guess it really is that time of year.
iOMGTinker Bell
And boy, did they hit Target. Abby told her dad she doesn't need a new backpack (iCarly being still cool in third grade) or lunchbox (Tinkerbell - as long as it's something as small as a lunchbox - ditto). So they got her a really nice binder, a ton of paper, some #2 pencils, colored pencils, washable markers, a pencil sharpener, erasers, a pencil bag, etc. I'll have to buy anything that's on the school list but not already in her bag o' goodies, and stuff the classroom always needs, like facial tissues and baby wipes, but her dad picked up enough stuff that Abby and I will have more money for clothes and our yearly manicure than we would otherwise. Maybe this year we'll get a mani-pedi.

1 comment:

  1. ever since i was a kid, i refused to think about "back to school" until after my birthday... so I maintain it's still to early for "back to school" :D

    ReplyDelete