Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Monday, July 25, 2011

Random Lizziness

The "Random" spell
from the game
Talisman 2nd ed
by Games Workshop
Saturday Lizzy exclaimed, "Oh! Now I undahstand why the sun moves! It's so it can hit all the flowahs and help them gwow!"

You keep right on thinking that, kiddo.

I'm going to take Lizzy to the doctor to rule out any physical causes for her potty-training problems. I strongly suspect it's a control issue - it being the only topic over which she feels she has any - but Child Psychology 105 was twenty-four years ago, and I'd like to make sure we don't have something organic going on. It's not like we haven't both done this before with the older girls, after all; we are not newbies at this. If her incidents were accidents, I'd be more concerned that she was ill, but  they're not for the most part. It's worth a $15 co-pay for peace of mind.

She also always looks tired, even though she's finally sleeping on her own all night most nights. And my mom thinks she always looks "a little yellow". I think she just has more olive-toned skin than the other two, but it can't hurt to have her looked at.

Kipper - Kipper Helps OutTonight we're watching Mommy's choice of "baby shows", simply because I used her inappropriate-pottying and dumping-food-on-the-floor disgraces as excuses to exert control over the remote. I am so tired of the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake that I could scream (although I get a total kick out of Lizzy standing up and intoning in her adorable no-letter-R lisp, "The Peculiah Puhple Pieman of Pohcupine Peak, Yah-duh-duh-dah-duh-DAH," every time the character does, complete with his little dance at the end. Hilarious). So tonight we're watching Kipper the Dog for our post-dinner wind-down. Nice, quiet, gentle, inoffensive. Works for me.

1 comment:

  1. i love these slice of life stories and with me having no kids or hubby nobody controls the remote except me!

    ReplyDelete