Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Lizzy, Almost Four

"Duh, Mom, I'm a kid."

This is her new favorite thing to say - usually when I'm exasperatedly asking her why on earth she just did that whatever-the-hell-it-was - and it makes me want to shake her. (I don't, of course, but the desire is there). She has been full of bizarre little things tonight - possibly because Abby is having an overnight at Grandma's, so it's just Liz and me and Daddy. Like these:
The Strawberry Shortcake Movie: Sky's the Limit
"Mo-om! In this movie Stwabewwy Shoatcake has haih that's kinda wed and kinda pink - it's not weally wed like in the other ones. I don't know what this colah is called - is it pink-wed? Oh wed-pink?"

That would be coral, dear.

"Did you know that Legos is foh evewybody? Even gwown-ups and big kids? But not babies - babies ah too much baby to play with Legos. Like babies."

And as she whacks her body parts against yet another hard (like the Lego table) or sharp-edged like the freaking walls) thing because she's not paying attention to what she's doing, I say, "Lizzy! If you would slow down you wouldn't hurt yourself so often! Why do you do that?"

"Duh, Mom, I'm a kid."

No comments:

Post a Comment