Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, July 14, 2011

More Kid TV

Abby and her friend Kiki have introduced us to H20: Just Add Water. This is a cute Australian show, aimed at the same age groups as - say - iCarly or Wizards of Waverly Place - the 8-to-12-year-old girl. Since Abby is 8.5 and Kiki just turned 10, this is right up their alley. And it has mermaids. "Real" mermaids (that is to say, not cartoons). They object to me saying that the characters are actually were-fish, because the full moon affects their mermaiden transformation ("That's not funny, mom!). I gather than Kiki is a mermaid in the same way that Abby is half-vampire; they have rich fantasy lives. Although this does not explain how Kiki avoids growing a tail during the hours they spend in the pool.

Lizzy is very into Strawberry Shortcake, preferably the newer, CGI ones. She's especially fond of the The Sweet Dreams Movie, and I wish she'd take the hint. Of course, Elmo's Potty Time doesn't make a big change in her behavior either. Anyway, she was thrilled when I bought her some Strawberry Shortcake ice cream today.

I also found Abby some Bazooka-zooka Bubble Gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment