Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, July 8, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

I speak in both the micro- and macro-senses here. I dropped Lizzy off at the Nest at ten, came back here, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, ran a load of laundry so Abby can go to Kiki's swimming party tomorrow afternoon, received groceries, put together tonight's Friday Night Game food (meatballs, three different sauces) and ate lunch. How did that take almost three hours? I mean, I didn't have Lizzy's "help" to slow me down, so what gives? Now I have forty minutes to finish this post, take another swing through the job listings (slow week), put away folded laundry, and wipe down the table. Ironing on Abby's Accomplishment Patches to her vest will have to happen after we get back from camp. This is the "micro" of which I speak.

As for Macro, where did this week go? How is it already July? And when did Lizzy get to be a real person of her own, not just a child-shaped jumping machine? When Abby asked a couple months ago if "wouldn't it be nice if I was still a baby in your tummy?" (the answer to that is no thank you - all 80 pounds of her?! Ow!) I thought, "where did eight years go". But this is a whole 'nother issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment