Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, May 6, 2011

EPIC Beefcake

Today was the day that my husband and I did our annual Mothers' Day Movie.

We fell into this habit; it was not intentional. It just so happened that a movie (or two) we both wanted to see came out the weekend of Mothers' Day for the last several years. In 2007 it was Spider-Man 3 (the less said the better), 2008 was Iron Man, 2009 was Wolverine and Star Trek, and 2010 was Iron Man 2.

This year was Thor. Oh boy was it Thor.

I like eye candy as much as the next girl, but in addition to being pretty to look at, Chris Hemsworth nailed the character of Thor perfectly. He started out as an arrogant jerk of the first water - with shout-outs to other Marvel characters, Starman (Thor walks out into the street and a passing motorist yells "dumbass!"), and I'm sure there were plenty I missed. I won't put in huge spoilers, but suffice it to say that we very much enjoyed the movie. In addition to Hemsworth, there were Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, etc. Great casting. Hubby (who knows more about the comics than I) thought that Loki was too sympathetic and the Warriors Three were oddly cast, but he agreed with me that it was very pretty to look at (godlike ripped abs aside). We were especially fond of the Rainbow Bridge; I think we were both fearing something like this.

Before the movie, we went to Bigfoot Bagels for breakfast. Yum.We've always liked them, and Hubby gets all carb-happy on Fridays when he's allowed them (six days on his diet, one off). Frankly, with bagels for breakfast, cheeseburgers for lunch, pasta for dinner, I'm surprised he can move, much less nag his wife and our lone Friday Night Gamer to come play Flux.

1 comment:

  1. hehe! SPOILERS!! LOVED Thor!! I'll admit, never saw previews..so didn't know quite what to expect..but whoo boy! that Man is yummie!

    ReplyDelete