Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dark is Not Evil

We have always known this at Chez Gamers' Babes. Abby's favorite TV/Comic character is Raven of the Teen Titans after all. So we were looking for something to watch tonight - something harmless enough for Lizzy but not really interesting for her because she has been in disgrace for passive-aggressive pottying (twice today she told Gramma she did not have to go and then went on the floor deliberately). And something we have not watched a gazillion times in the past year. And I came across the old episodes (1964 - older than me!) of The Addams Family on Netflix Instant Play.

Abby loves it. Wednesday Addams is totally Abby's kind of chick, perky goth innocent child as she the character is. Mind you, this is the original series, not the older and snarkier movie version.  Abby is even enjoying the black-and-whiteness of it all (literally, I mean, not figuratively speaking. That's another post.) She has declared it "a favorite", and is snapping along with the theme song.



And I was right; Lizzy dropped off ten minutes in. Thank goodness; she clearly needs the sleep. She was acting more like Chucky than like Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. So, I was considering starting a Game Review Blog from a Mama-Gamer's p.o.v., when I noticed a comment you made in another blog and had to come check you out.
    Seems like we have a lot in common, so I am going to catch myself up on your blog and probably ask you a million questions before attempting my own blog.

    In the meantime, thanks for reminding me of the Adams family. My 6-yr-old son is going to absolutely love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - thanks for the comment. I'd be happy to assist you with blog questions, although there are others on blogger more technically-adept than I. Your blogger profile is set to private but you should be able to contact me through Google Talk; just let me know it's you so I don't deny you out of hand

    ReplyDelete