Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Don't Have a Topic? Just Write!

Today the kids were out of the house all day. Since they weren't here to say anything super cute and trigger a topic for me; and all I did was look for a job online, fold laundry, and watch Farscape on Netflix Instant Play (which was a great way to spend the day, by the way), I got nuthin'.

Except the usual Need to Write. Which appears to be happening more and more frequently. We decided recently to go back to Mage (we were playing GURPS in the Shattered World). I don't know yet whether I'll be creating a new character, or playing Marian the Librarian-Speaker to Made Things, or playing Good Witch Tivona (I'd have to get permission from two different Storytellers to use her in this game). Or where in the game we'd be starting for that matter. With any of those three options I could do some character background writing - Marian and Tivona are fairly well fleshed out, but I'd have to get them to wherever the party currently is, assuming we aren't playing from where we left this game off.

Oh, and I learned a new word to describe such a relationship as a role-playing party - Nakama. It's a Japanese word translating literally to "Fellow" but the sense is that of "Found Family" - those people you might hate but you have to get along with to survive. The crew of Firefly, your group in any Final Fantasy game, The Three Musketeers, etc. I heart this word.

And yes, I did just use "heart" as a verb. So?

If I do play a new character, I would not mind at all playing a member of the Cult of Ecstasy. These are the Mages in the White Wolf-verse who use sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll to fuel their power. The Blues Brothers or Jimi Hendrix or... you get the drift. There are discussions about how Michael Jackson was a Cultist with a bad case of Paradox Backlash. Only in this 'verse are Bards quite so useful... and so prone to burnout.

And with that thought in mind, it's back to the Mom part of JennTheGamerMom.

No comments:

Post a Comment