Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers' Day!

Fathers' Day is interesting. My dad and my husband are both in it more for experiences than for gifts, which is nice. So I'm taking them both to see Green Lantern - Hubby is a comic book all-around geek and Dad likes the Golden Age comic book and/or radio show characters - Green Lantern, Batman, The Shadow. And Hubby took me to see Thor for Mothers' Day earlier this year too. I hear Green Lantern bombed at the box office but really, I don't care; my taste in movies is about 50/50 with that of the rest of movie-going America.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to all the other dads I know besides the two I'm taking out today. My ex-husband, who is not only okay with our daughter treating her stepdad as another parent, but actually encouraged her to make a card for hubby. A couple of the Friday Night Gamers, who are some of my favorite people in the world. Assorted facebook friends, some of whom I know from Real Life and some of whom I don't. The host of Ruthless Diastema Game Blog, who is a dad and a teacher. Former and current co-workers, neighbors, and friends. These men parent "In brightest day... in blackest night, (no evil shall escape my sight!)"

Good job dadding, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment