Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!

School's out! I had never before today seen a school bus do a victory lap, but at Abby's elementary school, all three buses were circling the parking lot honking Shave and a Haircut. It was hilarious. She even got a second grade diploma and a yearbook. At the risk of sounding like a stereotype ("I had to walk up hill both ways barefoot and in the snow. For ten miles! You whippersnappers don't know how good you got it!"), I never got a yearbook until I was in Jr. High.

We have a busy summer planned. Lizzy's going to the Nest a couple mornings a week, so as to feel like she has "camp like my big sistahs". Abby's going to Brownie Scout Camp for a week, and Museum of Flight Camp another (she did that one last year and loved it). They're both going to stay with Grandma at her time-share condo for a few days, and Abby's going to spend a whole week with her paternal grandparents, where she gets to engage in such rousing activities and "collecting eggs from real live chickens".

We're still cleaning out our storage unit - at least I plan to continue once the cottonwood fluff has settled some - so we can take it off the lease and save a hundred bucks or so. And there are always assorted household projects to complete. Should be a productive summer.

1 comment: