Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Books Books BOOKS!

I love books, as you may have noticed here. And I'm going through my books (as you may also have noticed, here) and taking duplicates or those I won't read again - (if, say... I remember whodunit) or won't share with the kids any time in the next ten years - to my friendly neighborhood Half Price Books.

And as long as I'm at it, I'm organizing those I'm keeping. So hardcover science fiction classics and nonfiction and comics are all out in the living area, and the rest are in bedrooms. This means that I have Card and McCaffrey and Duane and Eddings and a gazillion others I haven't seen for nearly two years to play with.  This takes a fair bit of work to organize.
I've finished up through Authors-beginning-with-E.

And I've discovered a slightly disturbing fact... there are more than a few books missing from the series I'm reading. Some of these are where I just have not kept up with them and I'm a few books behind, but some are books missing out of the middle of series, or even the beginning. This suggests to me that either they are a) loose in my storage unit or b) had been sold to used book stores when we could not find the rest of the given series. I want these books, and to that end, I'm using this handy little Blogger tool... where I can post my amazon. com wish list as a sidebar box (over there on the right). I'm not suggesting any of you, Dear Readers (with the possible exception of my spouse or my mom of course - nudge nudge wink wink), should buy these for me; it's more a list for personal reference.

I'm sure I'll find more things to add to this list later; I'm not sure I have all the books in a couple series by Authors-from-F-through-Z.

3 comments:

  1. I can send you a pdf or epub of Under a Velvet Cloak.

    I really want to read the Ender's Game series, but I didn't manage to do so before finding out out Orson Scott Card was a whackjob Mormon homophobe, so I doubt I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's a legal pdf, that would be great. Otherwise I'm - as daughter of a librarian - too honest for my own good as regards books :)

    As for OSC, he is indeed a Mormon. I've never seen evidence of the other two adjectives myself, but I'm willing to take your word for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through a similar purging/organization process. I am enjoying using the Goodreads Bookswap. It's cool.

    Pete
    ruthlessdiastemagames.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete