Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do I Get Giggle Gas?

I have a toothache. Lower left first molar (see chart). I've had it for a few days, but sometimes when you sleep wrong or grit your teeth (and goodness knows I did a fair bit of teeth-gritted smiling last week) it happens. Or popcorn gets stuck or whatever, so I didn't think much of it. Until last night when I couldn't sleep because it hurt and it's been getting steadily worse all day.

I called my dentist. They are not in the network for my new DMO. Hmm... okay, let me find out who is. Okay, this other dentist, not far from here; I can deal with that. But by the time the transfer paperwork is complete it's too late to go in as a new patient today. Tomorrow at 11AM it is.

Ow. This is kind of throbby.

So I post on Facebook, because really, too much ibuprofen is not good for one's body. I get lots of useful suggestions; sadly, the easiest one to implement hurts. Like. Hell. Listerine swish may clean out some of whatever is inflaming or infecting (it is an antiseptic after all) but Holy Freaking Cow does it hurt. Pharmacist recommended saltwater rinse and alternation of ibuprofen and acetaminophen, plus a diphenhydramine at bedtime and topical anesthetic as needed. Basically treat yourself like a teething baby. One who weighs over 250 lbs. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment