Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Out of the Mouths... Lizzyisms

Abby's at her dad's. Leanna's at her mom's. I'm packing Lizzy's and Abby's gear to stay at Grandma's condo for a few days (well, Lizzy's gear; I'm laying Abby's out so I can pack it when she (and her duffel) get home from her dad's). Also, Lizzy and I went to Grandma's to grab the jacket Grandma forgot to take with her, and to a store to get gifts and props for Leanna's birthday party tomorrow. Which prompted this conversation:

Me: Okay, Lizzy, we're going to go to Grandma's to pick something up, run by the grocery store, and then you may ride your trike while I move things in our storage unit
Lizzy: Okay. Can we go on the flat so it's not too fast on my twike?
Me: Sure. And we have the added benefit of getting out of Daddy's hair
Lizzy: Um.... mama? Daddy doesn't weally have haih.

While we were out, she told me that she and her "best fwiend Nallie" are going to "have a mawwiage wedding" (editor's note: with wuv? Twoo wuv?) at her next birthday party. Now, I'm completely and totally pro-equal-rights where the gender of the participants is concerned, but really, I think just-four and almost-five is a bit young. Maybe twenty years from now.

And after we got home, Daddy was practicing his shtick for tomorrow (he's doing a Bill Nye kind of act for the kids at Leanna's party), so Lizzy was snuggling up to me and we had the following exchange:

Lizzy: Mama, yoh the cutest guhl in the wold.
Me: Well, thank you, baby
Lizzy: Today, I mean. Tomowwow somebody else will be the cutest.
Me: Really? Who?
Lizzy: I don't know, but it just won't be yoh day foh cute.

I'm sort of dreading the rest of the day, frankly.

No comments:

Post a Comment