Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to Normal Indeed

Abby and Leanna think we're super* mean. I mean, really, we made them clean up their room. And their bathroom. And the living room as best they could around the boxes the adults piled up in here. And then... then we made them go back and clean up the junk ("it's not junk!") they dumped in their closet in the hopes that we would not look there. How could we cut into their play time? All they want to do is go outside and play. And we're making them clean up! It's not like they meant not to do it last night when they were asked to... they were too tired.

From playing outside and swimming at the pool and wading in the creek. But that's not their fault.

And they are using the -a suffix, the ones that preteens and teens have used probably since cave-moms made their cave-teens clean up their corner of the cave. You know, the "Mo-om! I can't do that now-a! I need more time-a! I can hear you laughing at me-a!"

You've heard it in the movies (see below). That whiny teenage (or preteen) screech that make parents want to shake them-a. And the emphasis makes it practically iambic tetrameter.



*No italics were harmed in the creation of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment