Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Housecleaning and Writing-as-Therapy

I'm taking a workshop this week at the University of Phoenix. On the week my in-laws are coming to town, the week I'm trying to get my garage cleared out so we can take it off our lease, the week we pay rent... the workshop is Time and Stress Management. This makes me giggle. Today's exercise was making a log of everything we did yesterday. My instructor looked at my log and kinda went OMG - how on earth are you going to manage school on top of all that? I assured him that I'm not usually preparing for an out-of-town visit, cleaning out my storage, arranging preschool, sending the kids to camp in South Seattle, etc. We shall see what he says.

My in-laws are supposed to be here at two, although it's a long drive (about as far away from my apartment north of Seattle as you can get and still be in Washington State) and Seafair weekend (so traffic) coming up and all that, which makes "we'll be there at two" a very rough estimate. I feel pretty safe vacuuming at 1:55.

Except that my vacuum suddenly does not suck.

And I don't mean that in a good way.

Laston (or his dad, who has Mad Skillz) will have to look at it. My gifts lie elsewhere, and further than checking the canister to see if it's full I do not go. I can drive a nail, use a screwdriver, change a tire, and reset the disposer in my sink; that's about as far as my mechanical aptitude goes. I prefer electronics. Or better yet, words.

Now, back to the grindstone. Only dishes left to do... but I had to cool down (both literally and figuratively) after wrestling with the vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. I am like you cant fix anything unless its my computer but have more time as i have no kids

    ReplyDelete