- Although my husband is very supportive about my going back to school, my mom is more so. She does a lot. I've always known it but because of a paper I wrote this week, it was more obvious.
- I'm not a fan of characters who cast from hit points.
- Four-year-olds trying to get their big sisters' attention by waving metallic ribbons in their faces are not tolerated at Chez Gamers' Babes. This behavior results in immediate time out.
- I can play computer games with one or two kids in the house, because they play alone or amuse each other. When there are three or more, the dynamic requires more of my direct attention.
- My ex-husband is an expert at picking out Halloween costumes (or clothes for that matter) for our eight-year-old daughter Abby. These clothes/costumes satisfy her taste (slightly goth and girly-pretty), my sense of practicality (long sleeves and pants), and his moratorium on "sexy", because she's eight.
- Even though Abby is not intending to hurt Lizzy, the mere fact that she is twice Lizzy's size can cause (minor) booboos (as in picking her recalcitrant sister up to move her out of the way results in tears even though there is no actual injury).
- Nine-year-old neighbor boys doing all the voices for the characters in Super Mario Brothers 3 (except Princess Peach, which he allowed Abby to do) are hilarious.
- Eight- and nine-year-old children can be literally blown away when it's gusty in Seattleish. Abby and her friend took out the garbage for me and were actually blown off course into a blackberry bush, resulting in scratches.
Safety and Security Notice:
I never include last names or specific locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Things I've Learned...
...or re-learned in the last 24 hours.
Posted by Jenn Kirkland