Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Waking Up is Hard to Do

So, I'm still getting over walking pneumonia, so I'm sleeping in the recliner to keep elevated. The kids were trying very hard to be quiet and let me sleep, so I was dozing when my phone rang. It was phone spam - a telemarketing auto-call. Not even a real person I could yell at for waking me.

So I hung up, went into the kids' room (which is surprisingly clean) and thanked them for being quiet, and then told them they could come on out and watch TV out in the living room. They chose to watch Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, which I have not seen, and started clamoring for breakfast. Whoa. I went into the kitchen, shuddered over the dishes left over from Game Night (we had run the dishwasher the night before but there was still more than a sinkful) and got down to it. Can't get rid of bacon grease with a sinkful of dishes, so I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher while heating the stove and watching Alice. All Alice is odd, but being Tim Burton, this rendition is hmm... surreal... at the best of times, and when one has just awakened from a drugged sleep, well...

Finished the dishes, made breakfast, admired a Magnadoodle drawing Lizzy made of me ("see, Mama, it has hayah like yohs is when you wake up, soft and like a bush on some of it") and now I'm trying to wake up with Johnny Depp in an orange wig and way too much makeup and creepy chartreuse contacts declaims "off with their heads!"

I'm shaking mine. Because this is one strange morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment