Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Literally Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today we have a couple strange little things the kids are saying and/or doing.

Abby will be attending a birthday party this afternoon, and she made the most fabulous card. Which is in fact how she described it. As "fabulous". Which it is. A sheet of 8.5x11 paper, white, with her name and the birthday girl's name with as many curlicues as she could fit on the page, and the legend "Haqqy Birthday". As you can see, her spelling is improving, although she still has trouble minding her p's and q's. The creation is hanging from a red eyelet trim strip so it can be hung on the birthday girl's bedroom door.

Then, at lunchtime, I heard the following exchange:

Lizzy: I ate my pickle all gone. That's okay; I'll grow it in my garden.
Leanna: You don't have a garden.
Lizzy: Of course I do. It's at the circus.
Leanna: Um, Jenn? Is she on any kind of medication that makes her confused?

Which made me LOL. And come to write it down. I'm sure there will be more this weekend, so stay tuned.

Edited to add:

Leanna: It's good I brought a coat because I have short sleeves
Abby's Dad: I'm only wearing a short-sleeved shirt
Leanna: Yeah, but you're an adult. With hairy arms.
Abby's Dad: <pained look> It's not exactly a fur coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment