Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Her Funny Valentine

Here it is, 6:30 AM, and Abby's Valentine, Greg, is here. His mom is having an outpatient procedure this morning, his dad is with her, and his aunt and uncle have to work today. So Future Mother-in-Law Jenn is his emergency contact today. He's here for breakfast and then I'll take him and Abby to their respective schools (thank goodness their school schedules are staggered!).

He's a total hoot. He's been here for fifteen minutes and they've already gone through all of Abby's Valentines she received at school - with commentary like, "don't they mix you up with the other Abby?" and "At my school they called it Friendship Day because they think it's more polite" and "Oh, I do love you, Abby!". They settled down - as much as possible given the circumstances - to watch Phineas and Ferb, which they all love. Thank God for the DVR.

So I have two 8yos and a 3yo cuddled up under blankets on the couch, watching Phineas and Ferb, totally overexcited. Every so often one of them jumps up - remember overexcited? - and drags the blanket off the other two, causing squawks of indignation. Normally we don't watch TV before school, but normally we aren't up this long before school either.

In about ten minutes I'll give them breakfast - Greg's parents were kind enough to provide me with breakfast food he will eat - and then the girls will get dressed and I'll take them to their respective schools and daycares so I can concentrate on my own work.
 I'll let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment