Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homegrown Therapy

Continuing yesterday's theme of Curing the Wintertime Blues, I've gotten some stuff accomplished today, and it does actually make me feel better. Yesterday I wrote a note explaining what was going on to my instructors. This doesn't actually affect my grades if I screw up (as it shouldn't), but the mere act of acknowledging the problem to them mitigates the problem somewhat too. I ordered a full-spectrum desk lamp, which helps as well... again, I don't have it yet, but just doing something about it helps. Also, last night Abby made me a snack and a card while I was putting Lizzy to bed. That sort of thing helps a lot. The Hubs cleaned our bathroom. And there's no discounting how helpful that is.

So, back to today. I took the garbage out, and I took it to the furthest Dumpster we have so I could get a little extra time and exercise out in the fresh air and Vitamin D. I caught up on homework so it's all ready to go for the next due date. I wrote a bittersweet short story and the catharsis thereby helped. I folded some laundry. I did the dishes. I did some grocery shopping (full pantry again... always useful). I'm running out of energy again here, but I may get to the vacuuming today... it's hard to say. More likely tomorrow. If nothing else I'll pack a lunch for Abby for school tomorrow, and lay out everyone's clothes tonight.

It's slow going, and nothing but spring will actually cure the Wintertime Blues. But at least - with the help of my family - I can mitigate the symptoms.

2 comments:

  1. I must, must must get myself one of them there happy lamps. People have been suggesting them to me for years. Years. And for some stubborn reason I have never even so much as priced one out online. Perhaps tonight. I'm tired of the lethargy. Hope yours works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DRBOJ8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

    ReplyDelete