Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, January 20, 2012

Restoratives

What? Two blog posts in one day? This doesn't happen very often.

It's been a rough week. There's been snow and ice, and school snow days and cabin fever, and sleepwalking, and a lack of Abby's and my favorite Netflix DVDs (until today, yay!). There's been the usual joblessness coupled with a lack of people in offices from whom to inquire about jobs (you'd think they'd be more telecommutey here in Seattleish, but not always so). There's been the fact that I ran out of my anti-depressants (winter in Seattle, you know) on Monday, and it didn't cross my mind until today that my lovely spouse could refill them for me).

And today was the worst of the days thus far. It was full of things like, "but she said she won't like me anymore if I don't help her clean up!" and, "Tell her she can throw her own gum away, Mom said so!" One of those days, when one wants to drop the children, no matter how much we love them, down a well.

School's been good, but I could not concentrate today. I had grammar exercises to do (and yes, I did end up getting 99%, thank you very much, and the remaining point is arguable, having to do with punctuation as it does). I could not deal with the kid-nattering noise and do my grammar at the same time. So I took advantage of the Hubs being home and played with my new Windows Phone's Zune functions a bit. I bought my favorite symphony (because it's instrumental and therefore I can concentrate on words), plugged in my earbuds, and shut out the kids for twenty minutes.

It was glorious.

The chocolate Laston brought me from the pharmacy when he picked up my prescription didn't hurt any either.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Greg and I am contacting you from Urbanspoon. I noticed that you have a spoonback (the Urbanspoon image link) for Jay's Cafe in the navigation column on the left hand side of your blog. Thanks for linking to us! However, in order for the spoonback system to work correctly so we can link to your blog, it is necessary that the spoonback be placed in the actual post itself. So if you can please move the spoonback in to your post for Jay's Cafe then we will be able to link to your blog on Urbanspoon. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Best regards,
    Greg

    greg at urbanspoon dot com

    ReplyDelete