Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter Typos

I've always found the weird little unusual things to be more interesting than the big things that are supposed to happen, with illness or medication or whatever. And today, in the depths of Winter Blues as I have been for a bit, I realized... I'm not your (stereo)typical (seasonally) depressed person. I don't get all that weepy. I'm certainly not suicidal or wanting to hurt myself in any way (unless one counts Too Much Chocolate as self-harm). I'm just kind of unremittingly tired and finding it difficult to concentrate. Which is why I've been writing this blog post all day, between other tasks like schoolwork and job hunting and folding laundry, because I can't seem to just sit and do all of one task at a time.

And then I noticed something else. The spell checker on my school's website is catching a lot more errors this week and last than it did before. I'm finding a lot more becasues and tehs than usual. When talking to a British friend last week I had to go back and change the word mom to mum six times before I got it right (and I just now wrote write instead of right and had to go back and change it).

Strange little quirk. I imagine it has to do with the concentration issue because I'm on autopilot. But it's interesting, no?

2 comments:

  1. yep I do that too when I'm tired. That's one of the signs. Writing your for you're, there for their and other stuff like that - I know better, so if my brain spits out bad spelling, I need some sleep. Makes sense that it happens during winter blues, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I recall it happening before is during pregnancy - which is NOT the case here - but then that's another chronically-exhausted time too.

    When my vocabulary goes on strike, I need rest

    ReplyDelete