Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, January 12, 2012

All About Food


Broot at Lost in a Sea of Blogs challenged me to answer some questions on food and cooking.

1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
My beloved spouse at Nerdy and Good at It and I started at the same time, about a year ago. I don't really remember why.

2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
I don't have a specific chef or website or anything like that, but I enjoy cooking for a group of people with assorted dietary restrictions - it's a challenge!

ETA: It has been pointed out to me that my fangirl crush on Alton Brown may count as a "foodie inspiration" but I maintain that he doesn't inspire me to cook, precisely; I just find him admirable (and nerdy-hot) in general.

3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
Betty Crocker Cookbook and The Milk-Free Kitchen. But mostly I wing it

4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
They make this spicy chunky guacamole in this hotel in Puerto Vallarta...

6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?

Honestly, I don't need any big kitchen gadgets. Wouldn't mind an immersion blender or an egg slicer though. Could use a new muffin tin.

7. Who taught you how to cook?
My mom, and my ex-husband (him mostly through laughing at my sad, pathetic efforts early on). Lots of trial and error, a little Food TV

8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
Mushroom pot roast

9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
Really good chocolate

10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I can cook, but I can't bake (except for this one self-adjusted banana bread recipe).

Finally…tag other bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!

Sara @ This Mom Has Tattoos
Tiffy @ Fat Girl in Motion
Yillup @ Yillup's Place for Everything

Well, I have three who've updated recently. Go to it, ladies!


2 comments:

  1. Sweet post! Same guilty pleasure here. I started out baking and I've always done it well, except for irish soda bread, but until two years ago, I was unable to make a stew to save my life!

    Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?

    My Kindle Fire.

    I search for a recipe on Google on my computer, then go to the search results on my Fire, take the Fire with me in the kitchen and I can read the recipe from the screen. It takes up about 1/4 of the space and plays video!

    ReplyDelete