Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Monday, January 23, 2012

I Love Mondays

I love my children. More than anything in the world. And now I'm going to sound like a Very Bad Parent... because today I wanted nothing more than for them to go away for a few hours.

And they did. Thank God for school.

You see, due to the Snowpocalypse (a.k.a. Snowmageddon 2012), there was much cabin fever here at Chez Gamers' Babes. On everyone's parts. Especially mine and Lizzy's. While it didn't escalate to last March's debacle-level frustration, it was No Fun For Anyone. Nothing particularly bad occurred; no blood was spilled (except when Kiki overwiggled her loose tooth) and we're all safe and sound. But boy, am I glad that's over!
Cabin Fever: Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, paranoia, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark.
 I couldn't even write.

Now today on the other hand, I was able to Get Things Done. I did my schoolwork. I looked for a job (and got some responses, unlike last week, when everyone with sense stayed home). I worked on the laundry and the dishes.

I reviewed Lizzy's report card. OMG - sooooo cute! And the only thing that surprised me is that they think she's left-handed. I'm not sure on that; she uses both hands, but I think I've only seen her use her right for drawing and for her spoon or fork. But she is only four after all. We shall see.

I renewed Abby's MedicAlert subscription. She is now covered for another year, which means that if you see my lovely daughter unconscious and you look at the flip side of the bracelet with the caduceus, call that toll-free number... they have all her medical information. And they're a non-profit besides; consider them for your charitable giving. They do good work.

I read for fun.

I took a nap.

This has been a Good Day. And any minute now the kids will come home, and now that we've all had a break, it will get even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment