Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tidy Time

I've been trying to keep the house tidier than usual this week. I mean, I'm home, my mom is back in town and watching the little one while the elder is at school; why does there seem to be no time to do more than the usual lick-and-a-promise? Instead, my home looks like a Hidden Object game - with random things strewn about everywhere. Can you find the Left Shoe? How about the Heart-Shaped Mirror?

Part of it is the host of other things for which there is now time: running to Marysville to retrieve a forgotten backpack, doing the banking in the bank, running to Bellevue for a job interview. And I am spending a fair amount of each day actually looking for a job, online, on the phone, in person. But it seems as though I spend more time doing other-than-household things when I'm not working as when I am.

But I am slowly catching up - today I got three-loads-more caught up with the laundry, tomorrow morning early I intend to re-populate the porch with its furniture - the pressure washers have been here - and vacuum the whole house from stem to stern (the downstairs neighbors' daughter - Lizzy's best friend - will be here with us tomorrow and I'll make an effort to do the vacuuming when her baby sister is not asleep - so C... let me know, would you?) And then the rest of the laundry should be done tomorrow too, along with the usual day-to-day. That's probably enough for one week.

But it still feels like I have no time.

1 comment:

  1. That would be a fantastic way to clean up the house - point and click the things that don't belong to make them disappear or move to the correct room. I need that right now!!

    ReplyDelete