Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, April 29, 2011

Game Night and a Blogspot Question

It's Game Night, although we have a number of "maybe" players tonight, so who knows what we'll play. GURPS, Mage, Paranoia, that new board game Laston bought at Norwescon - whatever works. At the moment I'm just concentrating on the usual day-to-day, and being glad my cat is not dead in a ditch. She seems none the worse for her adventure earlier this week, except that she's pretty much just eating and sleeping. Tired out, I guess.

So, I've discovered that this blog views the way I intended in IE and Firefox, but not in Chrome; in Chrome the thumbnail to the right linking to the Unshelved comic is all stretched out and annoying. It's one I put in using specific HTML coding provided by the Unshelved people, and I am not HTML-savvy enough to know how to optimize it for Chrome while still making it work correctly in IE and Firefox. Any ideas from the more techo-minded among my readers?

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - I always wondered why the cartoons never looked right to me! I guess I'll have to go look at it with Firefox now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you didn't specify the width and let it size itself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vanilla. It says width="100%". No idea how to change that - do I just take out the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. try fiddling with the width number, then looking at it in chrome. copy and paste what the HTML looks like before you start. so you can return to original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! The problem was not the WIDTH; it was the HEIGHT. Those of you on Chrome please give it a look; it looks fine on mine now

    ReplyDelete