Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Monday, October 10, 2011

SO Grown Up

Not the girls. Not this time.

This time I refer to my mouth. I went to the dentist for my follow up and now, in addition to infant foods like yogurt and soft noodles and mashed avocado or banana, I have graduated to toddler-type foods like bits of meat cut up small and grapes and other foods that are soft-ish or can be cooked to make them so.

I was spending way too much time thinking about food. Partly this is because I have issues with food anyway, but partly it was even more restrictions on my usual choices. And I'm mildly allergic to cows' milk so a diet primarily consisting of dairy is not so good. I still have some obvious restrictions - nothing crunchy or chewy, carbonated or drunk through a straw - and I'm still tiring easily and should "take it easy", but otherwise I'm pretty much Back to Normal. You can tell because the dentist and I had a fun little chat wherein I taught him the English phrase "Leave well enough alone". If I'm doing that I must be feeling better in spite of the fatigue.

This is a Good Thing, because it's my final week of the first... (does one call it a "quarter" when it's only nine weeks long?)... session at school. Between my final papers for two classes and job hunting and (reluctant) housekeeping, I don't have time to think about what I'm going to cook! We have a Brownie Scout meeting and I want to schedule a massage 'cause I really need one and... <takes a deep breath>. Don't know how much I'll be posting either. So wish me luck on my finals, and I'll catch you on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind filling out a full medical history and helping James out with his school, you could ask him for his intake form. He will do a 60-90 minute Swedish massage for the inconvenience you have to endure of filling out some paperwork.

    Talk to him. It would be less of a drain on your finances as well (since he can take no compensation for massage while in school)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please twist my arm. Harder.

    Is this done at the massage school? Because neither my household nor yours is conducive to relaxation.

    ReplyDelete