Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Big Trouble in a Little Suburb

Not this kind of Big Trouble.

They're putting in a Panera Bread down the street from my apartment.

It has a drive-through window.

I won't even have to leave my car in Seattle weather to get my carbalicious fix on.

This is very bad.

Very very bad.

I'm in big trouble.

But wait...  they do have a Steak Chili that doesn't look too bad for one. And the Vegetarian Black Bean looks okay too. And the Garden Vegetable and the Chicken Noodle. The sandwiches don't look any worse than the equivalents in other restaurants and are certainly better than other drive-through options.  The salads actually look good - tasty and not-too-bad-nutritionally. The smoothies - with the exception of mango of course - look fine for the kids at least. And the kids' menu is really good for a place with a drive-through window.

So as long as I stay away from the dairy-based soups, salads, and drinks - which as a mildly-allergic person I shouldn't have anyway - the menu looks reasonable.

Maybe this isn't as bad as I thought.




2 comments:

  1. The black bean soup is delicious, and vegan. The greek salad, minus feta, is about as healthy as restaurant food is ever likely to get, too...it won't be so bad, just avoid the muffins and stuff!

    It's time for a restart on the health track in my house. I hate feeling greasy all the time, not to mention the tiredness, pressure on my already weak knees and ankles, and just not liking the way I look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quik, I'll have to check if their feta is "real" - the stuff made from sheep's milk doesn't bother me in the slightest. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete