Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yes, I AM a Dork

So while I wait for the other things I really want to write about to come to fruition (I'm hammering out a deal where I start a Google Plus page for a local business in exchange for the right to stick it on my resume - and the occasional free coffee), I thought I'd write about, well, what a total dork I am.

I mean, it's not like anyone who reads my blog isn't aware of this. And that we at Chez Gamers' Babes view the word dork as an affectionate term rather than a derogatory one. But there were a couple things that have occurred here lately that really hammered it home.

1) I got new tires on my car last week. I climbed into the car and took off down the road and the first thing that hit my brain was a quote. From Doctor Who. And it was in a completely different context at the time (you see, the Doctor's companion - her body had been taken over by an intelligence that was no longer quite... three-dimensional, and... oh forget it). Anyway... right, time to focus, what was I saying? Oh yeah, the quote. "It's like living inside a bouncy castle". Because it was. So buoyant and, well... bouncy. And so completely out of context to the original quote. But it's what popped into my head.

2) I find it easier to write (anything) when there is nothing verbal going on around me. Instrumental music, fine, even background TV is okay as long as it's something I've seen a bazillion times so I can tune it out. But my best bet is classical (instrumental) music. So I downloaded some things onto the Windows Phone, and man is my taste edging toward the... arcane? Dorky? Just plain weird? I have the New World by Dvorak (fairly normal), the soundtrack to Series 5 of the New Doctor Who (adorkable), Night on Bald Mountain, The Firebird Suite, and Carnival of the Animals, and In the Hall of the Mountain King, and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (and those last few sound like I just grabbed them all from Disney's Fantasia but I swear I didn't).

Excuse me, I'd better take off the headphones now. The Hubs is frustrated with Lizzy (who will not quit jumping around), and Abby (who sandpapered the wall), and the project the four of them are doing (which clearly involves sandpaper). So I'd better take a break from my school papers and my blog, and help him ride herd on the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment