Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Light Dawns

I have the full-spectrum sun lamp now. A little UVA and UVB and Vitamin D indoors. And only 27 watts of power for 150 watts of light, which should please my Environmental Science instructor. It's in the blue-white range which we don't find quite as comfortable, but I need the simulated sunlight so there we go. I bought it through amazon.com but it's from a company called Lights of America. I already love it.

So, my old table lamp? It's now in the bedroom (which the Hubs should like because that's where the blue-white really bugs him most). And guess what I found while I was behind the master bedroom bed... go on, guess. Yup, the book we looked everywhere (else) for last October. Never crossed our minds to look under the adults' bed, since to the best of our knowledge, it never went into the adults' room. Thus is Life With Preschoolers.

2 comments:

  1. So make sure that your light is over you and the light is coming down at you to close to a 45 degree angle, thus simulating the actual sunlight. We had a nice long discussion about this with one of our anatomy teachers at school. She suffers from SAD, and she was telling us how to set them up properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear. That's where it is right now... and it's easily adjustable too

    ReplyDelete