Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Disquiet

I don't know what it is. 

Post-holiday blahs (strange as this particular Thanksgiving was)?

The dumpster fire that is 2020 (including jobs being sidelined, a pandemic, and local politicians who post memes of themselves locking-and-loading!)?

My family members arguing (they're probably both over it, but I'm a fretter)?

Autumn (and SAD)?

My therapist being out of the office last week (the clinic auto-reminded me anyway)?

The creepy lullaby from anime playing in my head for the past few days (though that may be a symptom rather than a cause!)?

Anyway, I feel... off. Anxious, leg-bouncy, comfort-foody, liable to bite if pushed at all. Even by 2020 standards, it's not a great day.

It's just as well the kids have not emerged from their respective rooms yet today.

I'd better text them both that I'm having a potato-chippy and spoon-droppy day, so it's in their own best interest to just zip their lips and comply with requests.

As those requests are likely to be minor today - put away folded clothes in their own rooms, for instance, or get the mail - I will probably only get pushback until after I can get some food into Liz.

We're already all pretty tired of turkey, tbh. 😆 But we have other leftovers too.

It will be okay. But it sure doesn't feel like it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment