Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, April 26, 2013

Shameless, Me

I fully realize that many people believe that the University of Phoenix is a diploma mill.

They couldn't be more wrong.

I worked hard for this. Some classes were easier for me. I wept with frustration over F&^king Algebra.

And now, I'm going to brag about it.

Because I did it, people, and it was hard. I went this route because it was online, which made my schedule my own, but the work itself? In some ways even harder than in a traditional brick-and-mortar school, because it's all me. There's a reason the instructors at UofP aren't called that; they're called facilitators instead, because they are there to present the material and answer questions, rather than to hold the students by the hand.

They helped, of course, as did my babysitter mom, my spouse, and others.

But you know what? I did this mostly by myself. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment