Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, February 23, 2013

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me

So, as we all know, I have had the Eye of Doom. And Abby has had pinkeye and a cold sore on one eyelid and we've both had a cold.

So, since I do have a cold, I took a little nap this afternoon.

When I woke up my right eye (opposite the Doom) was glued shut.

I said things Lizzy should not hear.

She said, "Mommy, you're sposeta say 'for cwying out loud,' you know."

Shut up.

So off I go to the doc, because we really don't want the rest of the family to get this, and I can't prescribe.

The doctor (after he finished laughing at the saga of the Eyes at Chez Gamers Babes) explained it thusly. "You do not have a fever. You do not have any signs of bacterial infection. It's a virus. No Rx needed."

"But they gave my 10yo antibiotic eyedrops, and I assume I got this from her..."

"Ah, but you said she had just recovered from a cold sore on her eyelid. Antibiotic drops are in her case a safety measure, erring on the side of caution, to make sure she doesn't even run the risk of getting anything else."

"Oh. So how do I treat this?"

"Artificial tears now, and a new tube of mascara in a week."

All right then.

"Your eyes will likely be glued shut in the morning, and feel like you spent the night on a windy beach with them held open. For a couple days. Just, you know, the warm washcloth, the hand-washing..."

Yeah, whatever.

Oh, and cookie recipients in the greater Seattle area? Not this weekend for delivery. The ones in our neighborhood, perhaps, Abby can find a friend to help. But nowhere I have to drive her. Sorry.

But you don't want me near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment