Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, July 27, 2012

Not Nearly as Bad as it Looks

Two posts in as many days. You see, my mom went out of town today (the kids are joining her Sunday) so I feel bereft and edgy. Not really, but I also know that if I don't post when she is out of town she'll have my hide.

And I got another of those little burst blood vessels in my eye. Same eye (left), same quadrant of that eye (upper left corner). This is the third time in five months I've had one of these (called a subconjunctival hematoma) and although it's not really that serious (just looks hideous), I was advised to go in just to rule stuff out.

Good news! I am not in imminent danger of stroke. My blood pressure is fine, I'm not going blind, and I am not possessed by a creature known in human cultures as the devil (or an Ood), while on a planetoid orbiting a black... what? Quit looking at me like that.

It's just that because this has happened before, this particular little blood vessel is a tiny bit weak and more prone to blowing. Looks ugly, but no damage.

And of course I have a job interview next Wednesday (wish me luck!) so I look like I've been punched in the eye. Thus is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment