Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Fortune Cookie Lies

I didn't get the job; they "went with another candidate". By now I hate that phrase, but at least it's polite, rather than the extremely rude practice of completely ignoring the candidate. So when my fortune cookie said, "You are acceptable to everyone" I thought that no, apparently I'm not. Although I am fully aware that it's not that they don't like me, they just like someone else more, it's hard - after all these months - not to feel every "we decided to go with another candidate" as a personal rejection. And so I was all prepared to be depressed and morose and so forth (and drunkblogging has a certain appeal), but a good thing happened today too, which somewhat countered my blues; I received my unChristmas present.

First pic with new Windows Phone!
It's lovely. I'm enjoying playing with it. This one has a flash in its camera; that alone is huge in our rather dimly-lit apartment. I've got Google Plus through the browser, and Facebook through the phone's own software, and I'm working on downloading other things, like ringtones and so forth (or transferring them from my previous account/phone if that's doable). I am having a blast.

And tomorrow I'm meeting my mom to take the Christmas things back to storage (and probably play with my new toy; she has one and knows how to use it), and then the Hubs and I will be cleaning house for our annual New Years' Day potluck gaming party. We've scaled it back quite a lot this year because we have neither the cash nor the space to go all out, but we will still do it. And that will mitigate the jobless blues some too.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about the app economy on WP7, but one of my very favorite things on Android is an app that allows me to "cut" ringtones out of songs. Ringdroid and Ringtone Maker are the ones I use, and I suspect there is one for WP7.

    I'm using my first Samsung phone currently (Galaxy Nexus ftw) but Ashe had one before and swears by their build quality - mine feels plasticy and light to me after my Droid X made of steel, but I've dropped it a time or two, no harm done. It's got a case on it now anyways, if nothing else for more grip. In similar news, I suggest incipio cases if you don't need something with the strength of an Otterbox. Enjoy the new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a rubberized metal case coming next week

    ReplyDelete