Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Old Surprises

Not a Political Post™ - and I just realized that I'm using this in the same way that I used to write Not a Cancer Post™ when Laston was sick. Interesting; I guess it's just a way to say that the little things still happen (and should) even when the world is falling apart around us.

Anyway...

A couple weeks ago I wrote on a social media platform about finding a gift card to Torrid I had forgotten about. I got this pretty little flowered tank top.

Several years ago I wrote on this blog about the amazing plethora of stuff I have found under the couch or in filing cabinets or what-have-you over the course of almost a decade. Honestly, it was like playing Hidden Object Games all the time - I'd find mismatched socks and hair ties and LEGO bricks and gum wrappers and endless juice box straw covers... you name it.

But today I've spent a fair bit of time going through clutter in two spaces - the living room and my bedroom. Most of this can be either thrown away, stored in the correct location, or put in the laundry - the bulk of it is things like socks and shoes and the price tags from clothing or used dryer sheets or little-kid jigsaws missing half the pieces and that my kids have long since outgrown anyway.

I cleared out the storage ottoman and found a few missing holiday decorations, as well as storing my tiny TV and DVD/VCR in it since they have been on the Table of Free Things™ for months and no-one wants to take them.

Made a sign for Lizzy to hang on the porch so random delivery people know that the Table of Free Things™ is intended for them as well.

Then I tackled my room. Again. Although at least it's not getting worse, so there's that. In addition to the hair ties, used dryer sheets, mismatched socks, out-of-season shoes, and broken hangers, I came across a few old purses that had ended up on my closet floor. Now, the expensive purses (I have three) have been hung up this whole time, but the cheap ones (I had eight; now I have four as half of them were falling apart) were on the floor and full of forgotten stuff. This is just forgotten stuff in the purses, mind you, not including the stuff on the floor... which has been accounted for above.

  • $1.53 in change
  • Three lip balms - one of them tinted
  • A bottle of Benadryl knockoffs with one tablet left
  • An empty travel-size tube of Advil
  • Two expired inhalers
  • A travel pack of facial tissues
  • Assorted (unused) menstrual supplies
  • A barrette
  • Two binder clips
  • A small first aid kit
  • An empty phone case from my old Windows Phone
  • Seven paper clips
  • Two mechanical pencils
  • One dry ballpoint pen
This isn't weird, right?

Now all I want is this frame so I can hang the pic of the characters from the Anime Black Clover that Abby drew me for my birthday and I'll be good to go!

2 comments: