Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Friday, January 18, 2013

Weird Week

Just a little. Not a lot.

Weird in that we're all sick with a cold, so Lizzy has not been in school (it hit her hardest) and it's a little surreal. Like an unending cycle of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and weak lukewarm herbal tea and can-you-take-her-while-I-nap. It's just a cold (once the initial vomiting was over, and that was Lizzy only) so we're all okay. Just crankypants and Dropping Spoons.

And the weird places one's mind goes while out doing things. Example: I had a job interview, for a part time job at a church. In Kirkland, and Bing Maps found it with no trouble whatsoever. Now I've had trouble with Bing Maps before, and while I realize that three trips is not a valid statistical sample, it seems that the closer one gets to Redmond Washington, the more accurate and less weird Bing Maps is. When trying to get to a theater in downtown Seattle for instance, it kept trying to take me to the freeway, although I was already in downtown Seattle. When trying to get to a fellow girl scout's residence in Kenmore, it insisted that the house in question was in the parking lot of one of our favorite stores. Wouldn't that be fun?

So, girl scouts (this is the weird linkage that my mind does). Tonight Abby has a Girl Scout meeting where they are making candy under the tutelage of a local candy maker and shop owner. The fact that this links back to Abby's role in her school play - she's an Oompa Loompa in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, sometime in March; I've forgotten the date - is yet another example of the Weird Links.

Just... weird.

Kinda cool, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment