Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Alone Time Thoughts

Look, a post from my desktop computer

A bitmoji cartoon of a chubby, gree-eyed
brunette woman wearing a rainbow tie-dye tee
under an open blue shirt

At my desk!

I can now sit here comfortably for about an hour and a half at a time without my leg swelling up like a balloon.

This is progress.

And it's useful, because I have that remote summer job I was looking for, researching for (and once I'm more familiar with the subject matter, revamping) a website to be better with SEO and so forth. Reading (or watching documentaries) about metaphysical toolsets of self-knowledge is something that can be done from my phone or my TV easily enough, but as stated in the link above, taking extensive notes and web design and those sorts of things are very difficult on the tiny screen on my phone, but can be done pretty easily on the Windows 10 machine, even at 90 minutes twice a day.

I have the basics, as I do yoga and meditation (and tai chi 22 years ago or so) already. At the moment, I'm still learning to speak the myriad metaphysical dialects of American English. I'm pretty good with this sort of thing - I write for fun, after all - but I still need to get up to speed before I will feel confident messing with the website and search terms and all that.

And Grammarly is still complaining that I don't sound professional or confident enough. It's my personal blog here, Grammarly; you should know by now that my personal writing... meanders. You should also know that I can switch that off when appropriate or when requested by an employer.

Anyway... I'm sitting here with a bum knee and a head cold (negative for covid, and so were both the kids when they had it last week), sucking down soup and juice, bumping up against that 90-minute comfort window, and ready to go back to my spot on the couch with my feet up now.

Until the kids (both of them!) get home from work.

It's been nice being at my desk, though. Normal. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment