Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Random Thoughts Around Covid and Stuff

ClientmojiWhy? Just, why? Why can't you be bothered to do something that doesn't hurt and might help?

I'm not talking about folks with legitimate reasons like phobias about suffocation or a health need to walk further than your apartment balcony allows. These are fine and valid, and honestly, people with these issues shouldn't have to explain them to anyone to be seen as valid, though they often do. Because the other side of that coin is the busybodies who assume that anyone not going by their rules must be flouting them out of the same selfishness as the hypocrites claiming that their right to go anywhere they damn well please is more important than the actual life of everyone on the planet.

The fact that the latter folks apparently see no irony or hypocrisy in screaming bloody murder about their inability to enter a Costco without a mask on and their usual need to control women's bodies just makes me mad.

As I said on Facebook, I'm sure glad I have nowhere I must be before September.

I don't want to snooze all of Facebook. I wonder if there's an easy setting for These Four Groups Are Allowed without quitting them all. I've already turned off something like 90% of my notifications and done a lot of paring of people and groups.

On that note, and although I have shared (and created) several memes on the topics, I think a lot of them are huge oversimplifications of complex issues. Some make sense - like this one (see example) - even if they are oversimplified for the sound-bite-ability. Some others I've seen are more along the lines of "is bad" when really is fine when done properly. Especially with the circular logic that some use to try to justify their thinking. "X is bad because Y says it's bad. X, Z, and ABC say Y has been discredited, so X is evil." What?

My oxygen thingy is still in the green, though it's lower today. I suspect dust from cleaning. Or that bizarre little switch from rain to sun to thunderstorms and back to sun in less than 24 hours. Or both.

Big "small businesses" still seem to get most of the love, both from the gubmint and from things like GiveBig. I was able to raise $300 for the microbusiness I talked about here, as well as $95 for a local food bank. I'd like to help others though. Link is around here somewhere.

ClientmojiI have a grump today.

Looking forward to Mother's Day. We're doing arts and crafts - Shrinky-Dinks and rock painting. And I'm making one of my favorites I used to make for Game Night - tropical pork - that's pork roast, onion, soy sauce, and pineapple; it's served over rice. Yum.

Abby and I are watching a lot of anime. Funimation Now may, in fact, be my best Stay Home Safe purchase. We are getting a lot of mileage out of that $7.95 a month.

This post brought to you by the letters F and U (for Fed and Up - get your minds out of the gutter) and the number 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment