Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Holy Explosions, Batman!

I had no idea our neighbors were so enthusiastic about Independence Day. But when Lizzy asked me last week if "fireworks in June are like a prologue n a book," perhaps I should have been clued in. 

Tiger is unpleased.

At the moment I don't even miss the kids, because all their neighborhood friends are standing in our cul-de-sac, shrieking with glee every time there's a bang. It's just like the kids are here.

And there are a lot of them. 

Now I don't feel so bad about my minimal little collection of ground bloom flowers and the like, because the neighbors are doing it all for us.

But wait, you say, isn't it illegal to set off your own fireworks?

Not in unincorporated Snohomish County, it's not, as long as you don't buy them up at the Tulalip reservation. Those are illegal anywhere off said reservation. But the Shock-n-Awe and the Safe-n-Sane stands set up all over... those are perfectly fine.

Of course, the only time I've ever burned myself on the Fourth was by steaming salmon, because I'm not the BSU (for real anyway) type. But I stand by with the bucket of water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment