Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Out of the Mouths... June 2012 Edition

Lizzy freaks me out. She showed me a page of scribbles appended with her name and Leanna's (for whom she drew it). I asked her about it (you always say "tell me about this,” because God help you if you think that yellow blob is the sun and it turns out to be a balloon. But I digress) and she says, “oh, it’s just lines in lots of colors; I made it myself.”

So, thinking I would be my usual snarky-parent self, I said, “Is it representational or abstract art?”

“Abstwact,” she says, off-handedly.

“Do you know what ‘abstract’ means, Lizzy?”

“Yeah, it’s wandom colors and lines that isn’t something, just pwetty.”

Did you hear my jaw drop from there, Dear Reader?

I guess she can learn something from the little brat on TV (besides whining) after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment