Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Am Having a Day

Image description: a Bitmoji cartoon of me,
a chubby, fair-skinned, green-eyed, brunette-with-gray
 person wearing blue winter clothing
and looking uncomfortable, with the caption UGH.
Nothing bad, just One of Those Days™.

A Day when I hit every red light and ended up behind every school bus or garbage truck.

A Day when I don't feel ill, but I feel worn down.

A Day when I feel guilty for not being able to do All The Things™ even though I know better.

A Day when I feel guilty because my problems really aren't all that big a deal in the grand scheme of things or compared to others' problems... even though I know better there, too.

I loathe these kinds of days.

I've spoken before, both here and on Vocal, about how much I struggle with not being able to find a reason to point to regarding minor upticks in anxiety or depression or Those Days or whatever. I hate it. Hate being unable to find a solid trigger for this crappy mood.

I know it's irrational; sometimes moods just happen. I've said so myself, not too long ago. I mean, it doesn't have to have a solid, point-at-able trigger; it could have one I haven't registered consciously, like hormonal shifts or allergens in the air or last night's change in the weather. It probably does.

But I don't have to like it.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment