Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Monday, April 20, 2020

Calmer Now

Oh, I'm still angry about the way my federal government is doing... well, almost everything, to be honest, and the Covfefe Covidiots out there risking infecting us all because the more responsible state governments are apparently restricting their rights to what... eat in restaurants? Shop without protective gear? Steal our bootstraps?

Anyway, having gotten that out of my system, had a shouting match (from a safe distance) with someone I love and trust, blocked or at least snoozed several real-life people who have apparently joined the CC or the Not-All brigade, revamped our household systems to make it easier for all of us to be decent in several areas, and blamed Guilder for it (we always blame Guilder), I'm calmer at least.

Still angry and indignant and grieving the Before Times, but calmer.

I'm privileged in many ways. I still have a little work through the end of the month at least, and maybe the end of the school year. I have a screening interview online for potential remote work through the summer. I have federal income at least until Abby turns 18 and probably through the end of her senior year of high school, and then somewhat less until Lizzy ditto. I have enough food, clothing, electricity, bandwidth, physical health, mental health, and tools to help me maintain these (everything from old books and video games to Disney+, a new printer than just arrived, and the SodaStream my mom got us for Easter). I have things to do to help me feel like I'm helping without infecting myself or my kids. I have supportive friends, family, and educators on my side (even if we don't always agree on things less earth-shattering than pandemics).

By two PM I'll have fresh banana bread that Lizzy and I are making together. 💖

So yeah, is life kinda sucky on some levels right now? Sure, but life is like that.

And there's a whole paragraph of Good Things to help balance out the Bad Things.

Plus banana bread.

And that helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment