Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Lazy Day

Today is the first day of Spring Break, and the girls and I (with some participation by Laston) have spent it doing, well... nothing much. I mean, some dishes, some laundry, and Abby did some weeding of the lawn before I even got up this morning, but mostly... just hanging out.

Abby and I seem to have caught Lizzy's cold (or maybe the one that was going around my work like wildfire), so we didn't have a lot of energy anyway. We did have sniffles, coughing, scratchy throat, and general lethargy.

And it was a hugely troperiffic day.

First I made brunch (bacon, eggs, a toaster waffle, asparagus (may as well get it while it's in season and cheap), and strawberries).

We watched Into the Woods, which I have already mentioned here.

We watched Madeline (from 1998).

We watched Jumanji (although we needed to take a break at dinnertime, partly because dinner and partly because the girls haven't had a lot of time today that was not sitting-on-the-couch, and were getting fractious).

And now we're watching Mouse Hunt (at Laston's suggestion, because Netflix reminded him that if-you-liked-Jumanji-you-may-also-like).

I haven't seen that last since it was first released.

And this is all after last night's Game Night, wherein grownups did a little character tweaking and then played Cards Against Humanity whilst Abby did Lizzy up (away from the CaH) in what I hope they continue to realize is stage makeup (Abby says it's "the pop star look"), rather than - say - the stuff she can wear to school when she is in junior high this fall.

Aside from Lizzy's trouble sitting still all the way through Into the Woods (it's over two hours long), and that moment just before dinner when they poked at one another enough for me to send them to their respective rooms until the meal was made, we've had an excellent - if lazy - day.

No comments:

Post a Comment