Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Things That Bug Me Today

Things that bug me on any given day are legion. Some of them are major issues, but some are very minor, even by my own definition. So I decided to share a random sampling of such things.
Bitmoji Cartoon of a woman with
dark hair in a topknot,
rolling her eyes.

  1. This is a big one, although it seems fairly petty until you look deeply, and I think I've mentioned it before. People who feel the need (especially on social media) to insert their own opinion (especially when they express it as though it were fact) into every. single. thing they see. Examples:
    1. My state governor expressing sadness at the death of a Supreme Court Justice and half a dozen people jumping on him about his covid masking policies.
    2. Random American Jewish-Orthodox women showing interesting ways to cover their hair or eat Kosher, and getting horrible replies holding their simply being Jewish as equivalent to the behavior of the Israeli government.
    3. Similarly, the assertion that anybody non-Christian is evil, oppressed, or both.
  2. I have also mentioned this one before: just because something squicks you does not mean it's a crime against God or nature or anything else.
  3. The left lane on the freeway may be For Crime (the crime of speeding according to many people I love and respect) but the GoodToGo lanes are not. I'm going 60mph (the speed limit) in a government vehicle (school district sedan) and folks get mad at me for going too slow. The students in my car don't need to see your rude gestures or hear your horn as you pass me like I'm not moving.
  4. Written about this one as well: just because you play a company's game or watch a person's video does not mean that you have the right to dictate content. If you don't like the content, get out.
    1. On this note, American First Amendment rights do not apply to random YouTubers; your freedom of speech means that the U.S. Government can't tell you what to say (aside from bombs in airports or fire in a crowded theater, etc). It does not give you the right to be a complete asshat to content creators on social media without consequences. Today I saw someone shouting But Muh Rights because they weren't allowed to be a transphobic jerk on a Facebook page run by a Canadian.
    2. The need to be right about everything is not something I understand, hence my recent posts about staying the hell off controversial topics on Facebook.
  5. Cognitive Dissonance hurts my brain.
  6. Not everything is about your pet cause. Or mine. Or anyone else's.
  7. I'm going nondairy (usually I allow myself a single serving a day, generally a serving of yogurt for breakfast) for the duration of Tree Sex Season.
  8. I wonder if the “Royal Experts” are self-styled folks who talk a good game or if they actually work/live/hang with royals. Either way, they irritate me, because I just wanna look at the pretty dresses and fancy outfits. So strange to have someone whose actual job it is to give opinions on what’s going on in famous people’s lives. I mean, there's a category called "Royal Expert." Can anyone be one? Is there a union? The royal equivalent of press credentials?
  9. Having written this out, I feel less annoyed. This is par for the course. And my intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment