Safety and Security Notice:

I never include last names or specific private locations here, for the safety of our children. If you or your child is a friend of me or mine, and you approve a first name and photo being posted as appropriate, please click this link to email me with written permission. Thank you

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Irritation

Grumpyjenn is Grumpy.

The Grump started today because every July (the month before the anniversary of my husband's death), Facebook sends me a fresh batch of Widowed Christian Doctors Overseas Who Like My Looks and Want Me to Care for Their Poor Motherless Children and (by the way) have one picture, none with kids, are generally in a military or police uniform that should by rights be falling off their bodies from the weight of all the ribbons and awards and medals (honestly, I swear, these guys are always high ranking, and still show their awards for BSc and SSc). And they love God and Country and Dogs and Their Poor Motherless Children and they don't seem to have noticed that my profile picture is almost always a cartoon version of me.
A woman in a progress flag T-shirt, with
folded arms, an annoyed expression,
and the caption HMPH! in big purple letters

Anyway, so that set the stage for Grumpiness, which I am trying to get out of by Making a List of irritants I've seen or experienced today. 

You know, the random little things that make me want to smack people. 

Writing these out almost always makes me feel better. So here goes.
  • I do not grok Star Trek fans who hate change.
  • I also do not grok Star Trek fans who think NuTrek is "too woke."
  • Or people who want to ban books. It reminds me of Abby's line when she was in Seussical the Musical a few years back. "Oh, Jojo, I fear you've been thinking again!" (Evidently, today I am the Sour Kangaroo, in mood if not in outlook)
  • And the cognitive dissonance of "pro-life" and "pro-gun" in the same people.
  • Oooo - people who call me a liberal snowflake and imply that I am afraid of everything, who also can't go to the grocery store without bringing an arsenal
  • Or who are still setting off fireworks on July 23
  • Or my own I-want-to-but-I-can't-get-started executive dysfunction
  • Or the fact that I am allergic/sensitive to more than one of my favorite foods
  • Grammarly should understand my casual writing style by now
  • That the GOP thinks the electorate is massively gullible... and that sometimes they're right
See? That's helped. Possibly because I got all the sarcastic bitchiness out of the way.


2 comments:

  1. I get hit on by the same Facebook trolls who admire my looks--ignoring the fact that my avatar is a cat. And not even a flesh-and-blood cat, but a painting of a fictional cat. I suspect all or most of them are AI generated.

    ReplyDelete